The primary grandstand for the 1906 Vanderbilt Cup Race was at the Start/Finish Line on Jericho Turnpike in Westbury. A second grandstand with a capacity of 500 spectators was built in Manhasset.
The grandstand was located at the base of Spinney Hill on North Hempstead Turnpike in Manhasset.
This photo indicates the grandstand was only half-full during the race... probably because of the fee to enter.
In comparison, here is the non-paying crowd watching the race on Spinney Hill.
The reserved seats could be obtained by applying at "J. Dennelly's" which was the 4th house down from the grandstand.
As with all Vanderbilt Cup Races, men and women wore their finest clothes ...and always topped off with a hat.