As with the three previous races, Jericho Turnpike was a significant part of the course. For the 1908 race, the cars traveled east to west down the turnpike for the first time. Jericho residents were thrilled when George Robertson drove his #16 Locomobile past the team’s headquarters located in D.F. Maltby’s Automobile Garage. The building would later become Jericho’s first firehouse.